Popularized by such movies as Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift and the blockbuster animation Initial D, the once amateur sport of drift racing now has a wide audience and professional race series. Tamiya now releases the popular NISMO Coppermix Silvia on the TT-01D Drift Spec chassis for the ultimate R/C drift machine.
About the NISMO Coppermix Silvia
Making its dramatic appearance at the 2005 NISMO Festival held at Fuji Speedway, this car was designed as a custom street legal version of the S15 Silvia, one of the most popular cars used by both professional drift racers and amateur enthusiasts. Sporting an eye-catching silver paint scheme with unique red and black markings, the car showcased its amazing on-road drifting potential.
What is Drift Racing?
Drifting is a new style of extreme racing in which the driver forces the rear tires into a slide and moves the car sideways around the track maintaining high speed and control. Gaining in popularity around the world, Tamiya now lets you experience exciting drift action without burning up your real car's tires! This electric R/C assembly kit features full drift specs including drift tires and special suspension settings.
Equipped with Drift Tires
|These specially designed tires are made from a rubber-based compound and feature grip appropriate to drift racing. Tires come pre-attached to wheels for easy use.|
About the TT-01D Chassis
About the Model
- Lightweight and user-friendly TT-01D based chassis for effortless assembly.
- TT-01D drift-spec modifications include drift tires, adjustable suspension tuning, full ball bearings, sport- tuned motor, aluminum heat sink, CVA mini shock dampers and short springs.
- 4WD shaft driven bathtub chassis with coil spring damped, 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension and sealed front and rear differential gearbox.
- Includes electronic speed controller (TEU-101 BK)
- Includes LEDs for head and tail lights that turn on automatically when the car is switched on. Add the TLU-02 Light Control Unit (ITEM 53937) for greater control of light operations.
- Wide variety of tune-up parts are separately available to customize your machine.
Electric Kits Require
2ch Radio sys.
8 x AA batteries
(Unless stated differently in products Description or Specifications)