1:10 scale 2WD off road has been Team Associated's signature racing class since the release of the original RC10 in 1984. The Team Associated RC10 buggy series has won eleven I.F.M.A.R. World Championships since the class began in 1985.
Use the right tool for the job.
The engineers in Team Associated's Area 51 designed the RC10B5M to specifically address the demands of racing on high-speed, high-grip tracks where the mid-motor chassis is at its best. The new suspension and chassis adjustments allow the platform to be tuned for both dirt and multi-surface while maintaining the forgiving driving style racers have become accustomed to with Team Associated vehicles.
The RC10B5M Team Kit utilizes a dedicated mid-motor chassis configuration, but still shares nearly 90% of the same parts as the rear-motor B5 Team Kit. The aluminum, hard-anodized chassis, gull wing front suspension arm geometry, Factory Team V2 threaded shocks, and Factory Team VTS slipper clutch are all standard features and give the RC10B5M the ultimate in performance.
Making the best even better.
The RC10B5M has all the makings of a champion, and with the proven performance from Team Associated, you're assured of support no matter where you go. If high-speed, high-grip tracks are your game, the B5M has what it takes to give you the winning advantage.
|This vehicle needs extra parts to make it operational.
Both the B5 and B5M won the 2014 RC Car Action Readers' Choice for Electric Buggy and Editors' Choice for Car of the Year!
- Narrowed hard anodized aluminum chassis with centralized mass and mid-motor position for improved handling on high grip off road tracks
- Chassis accepts R.O.A.R.-approved 2S saddle packs and 2S short packs using the additional foam insert
- Factory Team V2 12mm Big Bore threaded aluminum shocks with 3mm shock shafts and updated O-rings for improved smoothness
- Factory Team VTS (Variable Torque multi-plate Slipper) with three drive surfaces and high-resolution spring
- New transmission has stronger gears, precision ball bearings, and a 14 carbide ball differential for increased life and torque capacity
- Adjustable front suspension mount angle (kick-up) options of 25 deg. and 30 deg.
- New gull wing front suspension features heavy-duty steering and caster blocks, while the insert system allows for easy caster and trailing axle adjustments
- One-piece front axle/hex adapter and larger front wheel bearing for added durability
- Updated full bearing steering system with horizontal ball studs for finer Ackermann adjustments
- Heavy-duty ball cups and ball studs allow for maximum suspension travel while reducing binding and friction
- Rear hubs feature larger bearings as well as the quick and easy insert system to adjust camber link position and rear toe-in
- B5M clear body and wing included
* This vehicle comes as a kit and must be fully assembled by the user. Electronics and/or an engine/motor may be required.
Required to Complete
- 1:10 scale 540size electric motor
- 1:10 scale electronic speed control
- 7.4V LiPo or 6.6V LiFe battery (saddle pack, shorty pack, or square pack)
- Battery charger (able to charge one of the batteries mentioned above)
- 2-channel surface transmitter, and its batteries
- 2-channel receiver
- Steering servo
- Pinion gear (48 pitch)
- Polycarbonate-specific spray paint for body
- 1:10 scale buggy tires for 2.2" wheels
- Glue for tires and wheels