Take the Path Less Traveled
The Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is an all-new Traxxas design that is loaded with innovation that instantly obsoletes the status quo with exciting new features, versatility, and capability. In other words, we built it the Traxxas way, rugged, powerful, and ready for fun!
Underneath the authentic scale look is a machine built for extreme off-road capability that takes you to new places and new adventures. Exclusive portal axles deliver maximum ground clearance that dramatically turns “no way” into “no problem.” Whether you are enjoying outdoor trails or getting technical on the rocks, the remote-locking front and rear differentials and high/low range transmission provide unmatched driving versatility.
MODEL 82056-4: Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race®, with TQi™ 2.4GHz Radio System, XL-5® HV Electronic Speed Control, and Titan® 21T 550 motor. Available in Red or Silver.
Land Rover and the Land Rover Logo are trademarks owned and licensed by Jaguar Land Rover Limited.
The TRX-4’s extreme off-road capability lies in the technology beneath its rugged exterior.
Radically innovative technology combines with precision engineering to create a completely new breed of Scale and Trail Crawler…Only from Traxxas.
Heavy Duty Steel Frame Rails
A thick 1.5mm steel ladder frame with molded cross members provides exceptional torsional rigidity to resist even the worst chassis twisting articulation. The extremely rigid backbone lets the suspension do the work it was designed to do. You'll feel the difference on trails where the elimination of chassis flex allows for precise wheel placement when navigating technical terrain.
The innovative shock towers allow four separate "bolt-on" wheelbase position: 300, 312, 324 and 336mm to accomodate custom body fitment. Further fine tuning in possible with the axle links and adjustable shock position.
Molded Wire Retainers
The finer details matter so we incorporated wire retainers into the frame rails, which provide a clean look and keep the wiring more secure from off-road hazards.
Dual-Fit Battery Tray
TRX-4's dual-fit battery tray offers extreme flexibility when choosing batteries. For extended run times, the large upper tray accomodates a full-length 5000 mAh 3-cell LiPo or 7600 mAh 2-cell LiPo. A hinged battery strap provides quick and secure battery mounting without pins to lose in the field. The innovative strap flips over to adjust for different height batteries. A smaller integrated tray accepts smaller Traxxas batteries (that fit our 1/16 scale models) for increased forward weight bias.
Tough floor pans integrate with the wheel wells to enhance the scale appearance and keep debris out of the chassis.
Aluminium Scale Shocks
All new oil-filled coil-over GTS shocks were created exclusively for the TRX-4 chassis to smooth out even the roughest trails. These silver-anodized aluminium shocks deliver silky-smooth damping and feature threaded bodies for easy ride height adjustment. The convincing scale realism looks great and they perform even better with an O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals.
Heavy Duty Steel Links
Thick 5mm diameter steel links feature tough, fully-captured heavy-duty rod ends with steel hollow balls for exceptional strength and durability. This is one rig that won't strand you on the trail with a broken suspension link.
Precision Hex Hardware
The TRX-4 uses tough hex hardware throughout for improved strength and easy servicing.
Exclusive to the TRX-4, portal axles lift the differential pumpkin to provide incredible ground clearance. This radical design also improves axle geometry and reduces strain on the driveshafts. Steel gears ensure trouble-free performance, no matter how technical the climb.
Torque Twist Eliminated
On conventional rigs with the limited gear reduction in the differentials, motor torque is applied to the frame to the point of twisting you right off the rocks. The TRX-4's radical portal axle design reduces the gear ratio at the wheels, virtually eliminating torque twist through the chassis. Total axle gear reduction is over twice non-portal designs so Titan motor torque delivers smooth forward motion, not frame twist.
T-Lock Remote Locking Differentials
Conventional crawlers equipped with axle spools sacrifice turning radius for traction. Traxxas gives you the freedom and versatility to lock and unlock both the front and rear differentials to suit your driving needs, all controlled remotely from your transmitter. Leave the differentials unlocked for relaxed driving on the trail with smooth, tight turning and better handling at high speeds. When the trail gets technical, lock the front and rear differentials, or just the front differential, for superior pull and grip over extreme terrain. Our patented design has been proven rugged and capable in the Traxxas Summit. New sleeved micro cables control the differential action for scale appearance, without limiting the huge suspension articulation.
Why carry your crawler down the trail when you can drive? The TRX-4 features a high speed gear to get you to your next crawling challenge quickly. When you get there, flip the rocker switch on your transmitter to engage low range and conquer tough terrain with exceptional torque.
Hardened Steel U-Joints
Hardened steel U-joints on the front and rear driveshafts provide smooth, reliable power delivery for non-stop fun.
Twin Friction Plate Slipper Clutch
The TRX-4's twin friction plate slipper clutch provides some additional protection from motor stalls in extreme crawling conditions.
Sealed Ball Bearings
Black sealed ball bearings resist mud and dirt to keep your rig rolling smoothly.
Raised Center Driveshafts and Suspension Links
TRX-4's radical portal axle design raises the driveshafts higher to improve axle geometry and reduce driveshaft angles. Higher driveshafts and suspension links pass over obstacles to avoid high-centering your truck and reduce overall grinding wear.
High Steering and Drag Links
The steering link and drag link attach high on the portal axles, raising them away from possible damage. This allows the TRX-4 to attack obstacles head on, reducing the risk of hitting the steering linkage on rocks.
45-Degree Steering Angle
With the front differential unlocked, the superior 45-degree steering angle negotiates around even the tightest bends with ease. This helps avoid awkward reversing maneuvers in tight spaces.
Extreme Approach Angles
With a 56.49 degree out-of-box approach angle in the front, TRX-4 is ready to climb walls. An equally impressive 41.67 degree rear approach angle provides extreme capability, even in the deepest ruts.
High Ground Clearance
Portal axles help raise the center ground clearance to an unparalleled 3.14 inches (80mm), while raised suspension links and driveshafs clear the rocks underneath. Superior capability equals more fun no matter where your adventure takes you.
Front Motor Design
The TRX-4's large 550 size brushed 21-turn Titan motor provides smooth reliable power and loads of torque to climb the toughest obstacles. The front mounted orientation moves the weight bias forward to get you up and over obstacles with improved traction.
New XL-5 HV ESC
HV stands for compatibility with the high-voltage 3S LiPo battery packs for greater efficiency and power. In addition to the three standard profiles (Sport, Race, Training Mode®), the XL-5 HV features a Trail profile that serves up a little bit of drag brake for smooth intuitive driving for most of your adventures. A new Crawl profile introduces hill hold and instant reverse for extremely technical courses. Either will help you navigate the trail with ease.
Titan 21T 550 Motor
Torque rules the trail! The TRX-4's massive Titan 21T motor pumps out huge torque to get you up and over anything that gets in the way. An integrated cooling fan keeps temperatures down for extended run times.
Waterproof Metal Gear Servo
A new full-metal gear digital servo gives you the durability and steering authority you need to confidently and reliably power through tough challenges.
TQi 4-Channel Radio System
The Traxxas TQi radio system features exclusive cruise control for long-distance treks. Set your speed using the transmitter and then use the multi-function knob to fine-tune it faster or slower to match your pace. The grip-mounted rocker switch selects high or low range gears to suit the terrain while a separate toggle switch engages or disengages the locking differentials, all on the fly. Best of all, the TQi is compatible with the #6511 Wireless Module so you can set up everything right from your smartphone.
Waterproof Micro Servos with Sleeved Cables
TRX-4 uses three fully-waterproof micro servos to actuate the front and rear differentials as well as the high/low range selection on the transmission. Sleeved micro cables eliminate complicated linkages that would otherwise limit suspension articulation.
Accessory Light Kits
The inner fenders are equipped with pockets to install our optional LED rock light kit, casting light right where it's needed. Optional Rigid® light bar and bolt-in headlight kits illuminate the trail ahead and provide an authentic appearance. A seperate regulated power supply ensures powerful lighting with consistent brightness. All light kits and light kit accessories are sold separately.
Molded Inner Fenders
Tough inner fenders integrate with the floor pans and shock towers to provide substantial look and feel to the TRX-4. The authentic realism adds to the fun while also helping to keep rocks, mud and twigs out of the chassis.
Functional rock sliders help prevent damage and provide extra support for the body. The additional bracing adjusts for different widths.
1.9" Scale Wheels and Tires
The 1.9" wheels provide a bold scale look for the TRX-4 and come pre-glued and mounted to aggressive, S1-compound Canyon Trail tires. Deep tread blocks flex for maximum traction on the rocks. The trail-tuned foam inserts provide realistic sidewall flex for authentic climbing action. A standard 12mm steel hex makes the TRX-4 chassis compatible with popular 1.9" wheel and tire combinations.
Rugged Roll Cage
TRX-4's functional roll cage fastens securely to the body to provide rigidity and rollover protection. The top rack stores your scale accessories and adds realistic looks to the truck. Add to the optional Rigid® light bar to the pre-molded bosses on the rack.
Tough Fender Flares
Tough, yet flexible and impact resistant fender flares fasten tightly to the inner fender wells to provide rugged protection and awesome looks.
Secure Body Mounting System
The TRX-4 Defender body secures to the frame at the rear bumpers, rock sliders and with the top mounting posts. This multi-point mounting-system prevents unrealistic body shake and provides rigid support for the spare tire and accessories in the rear.
||23.07 inches (586mm)
||9.78 inches (249mm)
||9.78 inches (249mm)
||3.14 inches (80mm)
||11.48 inches (292mm)
||12.75 inches (324mm)
|Front Shock Length:
||3.54 inches (90mm)
|Rear Shock Length:
||3.54 inches (90mm)
||1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
||1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
||4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
||4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
||21T Reverse Rotation
||2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting
||4 Gear, Remote Locking
|Chassis Structure / Material:
||Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
||Electronic “Hill Hold”
||Shaft Driven 4WD
||Chassis Mounted Servo
||2075X Metal Gear
||TQi 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
||158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
Officially Licensed Land Rover Defender Body
- Injection molded scale details including grill, snorkel, and side mirrors
- Rugged, functional roll cage
- Tough fender flares
- Front bumper with tow hooks and replica winch
- Rear bumper with scale accessories and functional spare tire
- Full Nylon composite wheel wells and floor pans
Trail-tuned XL-5 HV Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Fully waterproof design
- Five drive profiles
- Sport Mode — forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode — forward / brake / no reverse
- Training Mode™ — 50% forward / 100% brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Trail Mode — forward / brake / reverse / with trail-tuned drag brake in neutral
- Crawl Mode — forward / instant reverse - no neutral with 100% hill holding brake
- Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
- Large, efficient heat sink
- Wide voltage latitude 6–7 cell NiMH (7.2–8.4V) and 2–3S LiPo (7.4–11.1V)
- Two stage low voltage protection (LVD)
- Powerful Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor with internal cooling fan
- Precision, preset gear mesh adjustments
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- Increase ground clearance (3.14”)
- Eliminate torque twist
- Steel gears
- Improve axle geometry and reduce strain on driveshafts
Rigid Steel Frame
- 1.5mm thick steel frame rails increase torsional rigidty
- Innovative design allows four wheelbase positions (300mm, 312mm, 324mm, 336mm)
- Adjustable rear shock tower positions for SWB and LWB configurations
- Bumpers adjust fore and aft
- Rugged rock rails adjust for width
- Wire routing clips integrated into frame rails
- Full-time shaft driven 4-wheel drive
- Tough 6mm stub axles
- Steel front CVDs
- Hardened steel rear axle shafts
- Remote locking steel gear differentials with cable-actuation
- Steel gear transfer case
Innovative Battery Compartment
- Hinged battery strap allows quick and easy battery access
- No pins to lose
- Accommodates different height batteries
- Accepts full-size long battery packs
- Integrated compartment accepts smaller 1/16 scale batteries (with optional strap)
- Two speed high/low range with remote shifting
- Dual horizontal shafts
- Twin friction plate slipper clutch
- Easily removed for servicing
- Chassis mounted 2075X metal gear digital servo
- Superior 45° steering angle
- Direct steering (no servo saver)
- Steering geometry corrected for bump steer
- Front — 3 link with panhard
- Rear — Triangulated 4 link
- Heavy-duty rod ends with steel hollow balls
- 5mm diameter steel link rods with 4mm threaded ends
Aluminum GTS Shocks
- Oil-filled coilover GTS shocks exclusive to TRX-4 chassis
- Silver-anodized aluminum bodies
- Threaded bodies with collars easily adjust ride height
- Silky smooth damping for the toughest trails
- O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals
Wheels and Tires
- 1.9” Canyon Trail tires with trail-tuned foam inserts
- Pre-glued and mounted to tough black scale wheels
- Trail tuned S1 rubber compound
- 12mm steel hex
- TQi™ 2.4GHz 4-channel transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- Telemetry ready #6533 5-channel micro receiver with failsafe
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link enabled models
- Exclusive Cruise Control feature for extended trail driving
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle endpoints
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
Patented O-Ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
Sealed Ball Bearings
Hex hardware with rust-resistant black oxide coating
MODEL 82056-4: TRX-4: 1/10 Scale and Trail Crawler, Fully-Assembled, Waterproof, Ready-To-Drive®, with TQi™ 2.4GHz Radio System, XL-5 HV Electronic Speed Control, and ProGraphix® Painted Replica Body. Available in metallic red or silver.
What’s In The Box:
- TRX-4, Ready-To-Race® model
- XL-5 HV waterproof electronic speed control
- Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system with cruise control
- High quality maintenance tools
What You’ll Need:
- Batteries - TRX-4 accepts a wide variety of NiMH (4–7 cell) and LiPo (2s–3s) batteries.
- AA Alkaline Batteries