Axial® unveils its first scale Ford body — an officially licensed, detailed 1955 Ford F-100 — as the topper for its latest trail performer featuring the SCX10™ II 4X4 chassis.
The SCX10™ II Ford F-100 delivers class-leading performance in a convenient, ready-to-run package. Only batteries and a charger are required. Authentic body details include a front grille with chrome-coated plastic radiator and front-mounted driving lights with LEDs installed. Mounting positions are built-in to add optional LEDs for headlights and turn signal markers. Officially licensed METHOD Hole wheels and Maxxis Trepador tyres — plus a working spare — take the realism down to the road.
Performance on the trail lives up to the model’s full-scale inspiration. Waterproof electronics keep the action alive over snow, mud, and more. With its all-metal twin C-channel frame rails, metal-gear transmission, rugged AR44™ axles, full ball bearings, and more, the SCX10™ II Ford F-100 keeps going when the going gets tough!
STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME RAIL CHASSIS
The realistic, high-strength C-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross braces for reinforcement and rigidity. It’s held together with all hex hardware. Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions let you adjust your suspension for maximum performance. Holes have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for wheelbase adjustments. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups, and the simplified design makes maintenance quick and easy.
TUBE FRAME BUMPERS
Front and rear bumpers feature realistic tube frame designs and are moulded in durable composite plastic material. The front bumper has a bolt-on aluminium skid plate integrated into the lower frame area to help protect components from damage by rocks or other harsh terrains.
HINGED BODY SYSTEM
The hinged body system puts on-board components in easy reach. You can access the battery and chassis by simply removing two body clips and swinging the body up.
MOULDED PLASTIC GRILLE AND SCALE DETAILS
The front grille includes a replica, chrome-coated plastic Ford F-100 radiator and other classic scale details. Two white LEDs are preinstalled in the front-mounted driving lights. Additional mounting holes are provided for headlights and turn signal markers. NOTE: Additional LEDs sold separately.
By creating the bed from four pieces instead of as one, Axial® engineers have given it much greater depth. The inner bed panels have the appearance of bead rolled aluminium sheet metal, just like the real thing. Also included is a functional spare wheel and tyre. For a more “truggy” look, the rear fenders can be removed.
A protective roll bar/cage is mounted to the bed and attached to the cab.
1.9 METHOD HOLE WHEELS (SATIN CHROME)
Officially licensed METHOD Hole Wheels offer durability and clean looks. The Hole features a simulated beadlock ring using a strategically placed under-cut on the wheel’s outer lip. It’s clean, simple and METHOD STRONG!
MAXXIS TREPADOR S30 tyreS
The officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tyres are moulded in S30 compound for a superior grip. Taller than Axial® Ripsaw 1.9 tyres, they give you more ground clearance, bump absorption, and ruggedness for smooth, stable performance on your favourite trails.
The spare tyre isn’t just a scale replica! Axial® includes a functional spare tyre mounted on a 1.9 METHOD MR307 Hole Wheel.
4-LINK REAR SUSPENSION
The rear suspension geometry uses a 4-link design which is optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist. It also helps with steep off-camber climbs by having the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics.
- Strong steel links for both suspension and steering
- Large M4 rod ends for durability
AR44™ SINGLE PIECE AXLES
AR44™ front and rear axles feature a single-piece design with moulded truss for extreme durability. The pinion gear is 6mm above centre, adding ground clearance and improving driveshaft angles. The high pinion design also increases surface contact for greater durability. Integrated C-hubs and lockouts offer optimized performance as well as improved ground clearance. Helical, metal cut internal gears and high-quality bearings are standard equipment.
AR44™ UNIVERSAL AXLE SET
Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
- Compact, durable design
- Hardened steel construction
CHASSIS MOUNTED SERVO (CMS)
Just as a full-size truck has its steering box located on the frame, Axial® places the servo mounting location on the chassis. The front suspension provides the correct steering geometry with virtually no bump steer.
- Steel links included with M4 rod ends
- Adjustable servo mounting system allows a wide range of servos to be used
ADJUSTABLE BATTERY TRAY
The adjustable, easy-access battery tray is lower and further forward for better weight distribution and centre of gravity.
- Adjustable tray prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving
- Posts are included to fine-tune the fit for the battery you choose
- Can accommodate batteries up to 32 x 44 x 147mm (3S 5000mAh)
ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SHOCKS
The threaded shock bodies hold a single coil-over spring. They are oil-filled and allow you to tune the dampening rate.
- All-new shock towers with body mounts built-in
- Body mounting system allows a larger range of positions and is more solid than before
- No additional spacer is needed when mounting shocks
The ultra-compact transmission accepts a wide range of gearing options. The overall ratio can be adjusted using different pinion and spur gear choices, allowing super high speed or competition level crawling speed.
- Realistic, detailed transmission housing in a cast-metal look
- Proven AX10™ transmission
- Three gear layout, all-metal gears
- 32-pitch gearing
- Heavy-duty slipper
- Sealed gear cover
DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH
The dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for increased surface area, allowing more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32-pitch gearing for high-torque applications.
WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS
WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts have an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A centre splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area to give the ball joint more strength
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw method for more durability and easy maintenance
- Adjustable length driveline parts included
WATERPROOF RECEIVER BOX / ESC TRAY
Three different silicone seals are included — one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
- Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low centre of gravity
- Large, clean mounting surface can accommodate ESC footprints up to 50x40mm
DYNAMITE® AE-5L ESC WITH DRAG BRAKE
The Dynamite® AE-5L is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPo and NiMH battery types with a simple jumper.
- LED Light controller built-in with dual LED outputs for headlights/taillights
- Two LED lights included (white)
- Convenient IC3™ plug lead
- Jumper 1 provides a simple choice between LiPo or NiMH
- Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings
- Waterproof design with IC3™ plug / laser-etched heat sink
SPEKTRUM™ STX2® TRANSMITTER
The STX2® 2-channel radio system offers many features of higher-end 2.4GHz radio systems like throttle/steering travel adjust and throttle limiting.
- Built-in 3-position throttle limiter
- Steering and throttle rate and trim adjustments with throttle and steering reversing
- FHSS 2.4GHz protocol offers an extended range and interference-free performance
- AA batteries included
SPEKTRUM™ S605 SERVO
The Spektrum S605 servo offers 161 oz-in of steering torque and a metal case for strength. It’s waterproof for extra protection against the elements.
Torque: 161 oz-in @ 6.0V
Speed: 24 sec/60 degrees @ 6.0V
SPEKTRUM™ SRX200 RECEIVER
The SRX200 is a 2-channel, 2.4 GHz receiver that operates on the FHSS modulation. It’s conformal coated to help prevent damage from water, dust, and other elements, and features an extra-long antenna lead for easy and effective antenna placement.